Orchid and Nursery Sphagnum Moss is a premium grade, long fiber, and long-lasting sphagnum. Its long fibers and superior water retention properties make it ideal for lining hanging baskets and using as soil cover in window boxes and house plants. Sphagnum helps you take the guesswork out of watering your garden plants by absorbing up to 18 times its weight in water. Sphagnum provides water to the roots according to the plant's needs, while allowing for optimum oxygenation so that the roots can uptake vital micronutrients. It makes for an excellent soil conditioner or top layer on potted plants. Use Nursery Sphagnum when transplanting, aerating soil, conditioning, or just dressing up any potted plant!
Available in two bags sizes:
Xsmall - 0.5oz Bag - $6.99
Small - 1 oz Bag - $11.99
- Long-lasting Preserved Moss!
- Holds 10x its weight in water and can be used to amend tropical soils
- Washed and Cleaned to Remove Dust and Small Particles
- Ideal for planting orchids and succulents!
- 5 Star Quality – Long Fibers
- Harvested on regulated federal lands by permit only
- All moss harvested manually. None with automated or heavy machinery